Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bjabot

Fabric - Real Time Analytics - Cannot create connection to external event hub

Hi,

I am having trouble when adding an external event hub (from a different tenant). The problem is occuring when trying to create the connection to the event hub. I am using the name of the event hub namspace, and not the entire domain of the event hub namespace

I have tried using the SAS credentials on both the event hub namespace and the event hub instance. The SAS keys have Manage permission.

I get the following error message when I try to connect using both the SAS credentials for the event hub instance and the event hub namespace

bjabot_1-1704652166725.png

After I have created the connection (even though it failed to create as mentioned above, it still occurs in the list of connections for the event hub source), it gets this error. The SAS key have Manage permission.

bjabot_0-1704651887806.png

Would gladly appreciate if anyone can assist me.

Thanks!

-Bjarte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The only way we could get it to work was to create a new namespace and event hub, then it worked straight away

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HimanshuS-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @bjabot , 
You did mentioned 
"I am using the name of the event hub namspace, and not the entire domain of the event hub namespace" . 
Just curiuos as to why are you doing that . I will suggest you to try with EventHUb and it should work fine .

Looking the document which @v-gchenna-msft  provided it is clear that you need to share the Event Hub 

Before you can create a connection to your Event Hubs data, you need to set a shared access policy (SAS) on the event hub and collect some information to be used later in setting up the connection.

Thanks 
Himanshu

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bjabot ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

Can you please confirm whether you provided required permissions? If yes could please more few more details of your implementation.

Did you got a chance to look into this - Get data from Azure Event Hubs - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Hi @bjabot ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @bjabot ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

The only way we could get it to work was to create a new namespace and event hub, then it worked straight away

Hi @bjabot ,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFabricCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.