Re: stuck on lab2

Firstly, you can select one table of Fileds,

Secondly, click Edit Queries and select Edit Queries option, then you will enter to Edit Query window.

Frequent Visitor

I tried it.Still I am getting the same error.

I find other colleague to do same step, it is worked for them. I also don't find the reason for issue, you can contact with Power BI Community Team to solve the issue. 

[ Edited ]

Please download these files to same path for new issue as below:

download.png

Frequent Visitor

Those files are working fine I am unable to access lab2 files.Can you give me your team viewer id ,so you can check my error.

[ Edited ]

Sorry, this is my misunderstand, Combine Binaries not support .pbix file type, the warning message is very clearly.  it only support types include text, csv, excel, etc. I'm also do the step, it also failed. Besides, I don't find the lab need to do this step.

Frequent Visitor

Im having the same issue. i thought i set up the access database properly the last time for lab 1 but obviously i didnt. i opened the new lab 2 and when i got to the part where i had to edit the query a similar error appeared. i went back and followed the steps from lab 1 to set up the Access database but still same error. can someone walk me through this so i can get it right? much thanks and apologies ahead of time.

Frequent Visitor

this is the screan that im getting. i see that it similar to the one thats in the thread, however the thread isnt helping me fix my issue. Lab 2.PNG

Please confirm that Access database file be extracted to "C:\DAT207x"

Frequent Visitor

I too have had almost every error shown among these posts when trying to do Lab2.  In paricular, Combine Binaries from the ribbon - which the instructions seemed to indicate - "worked", but the rowcount then shown for International is only that of the fist CSV, not all four. 

I deleted International and started over, this time using the Edit & Load option rather than the ribbon's Combine Binaries - this clearly loaded all four CSVs.  After filtering this for rows >1999 I obtained a row count which was accepted as correct in the first lab question.  At this point I had not appended International to Sales, but Sales also was filtered to >1999.  I obtained its row count and simply added the International row count previously obtained, to get the expected row count once International *was* appended.  The obtained total is *not* accepted as correct by the second lab question.  What is wrong with this methodology ?

I then appended International to Sales and watched as it loaded.  I clearly saw it processed the access db plus the four csvs.  This time though I noticed that the displayed row count for Sales did not change from what it was before.  I had not previously noticed and this is why the total I put in to question 2 was wrong.  I had to restart PowerBI to get the row count to refresh and show the value question 2 says is the right value.  This also suggests that the row count I used for Sales before Append, when I calculated the total, must have been incorrect also.  Why ?

In summary, this particular lab is badly described and designed.  The instructions should not say "combined binaries" if that is not what was meant (and if it was, why does it only pick up the first csv file ?).  Second, if the row count shown at the bottom of the data tab is not reliable after a Load, it should say so and explain how to make it reliable - hopefully other than by restarting PowerBI.