Regular Visitor

power BI desktop not able to load 10 million row

[ Edited ]

I have data those have the 10 million row in sales table. 

https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/Analyzing-Visualizing-Data-PowerBI/blob/master/Lab1/AccessDatab...

When I load this data in my local system power BI it load onlt 1,04,39,386 data. 

But data have 10 million row. Please let me how I can load full data. 

Re: power BI desktop not able to load 10 million row

I did the exercise1 and got correct result. What are your question?

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

For Excecise 1 got 10, 439, 386 rows for sales table. The got correct rowcount for other tables . I filtered the date to show date after 12/31/1999.

Can you please guide why I am getting more rowcount than expected. Expected is 99,853,68

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am getting correct results for this. Could you please try reloading the data and than apply filter to it. You should get correct results.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Anamika

I resolved this problem. I applied the filter to the date table and I thought that will be reflected in the rowcount of Sales table . But looking at the relationship view I saw that Sales table is not connected to Date tableSo applied the same date filter in Sales table and that resolved it.

Now my question is can you please check ur relationship window and see if all ur dimensions are connected to fact Sales table or not?

In my case , Sales table is connected to Product and Product is connected to Manufactures. But Locations and date  Table are two stand alone table now.

Not sure what should be the right view at this point.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Yeah, when you download the files it will be like this only that the Date and Locations will be standalone table. You need to firstly create a relationship between Sales and Date table over Date column to proceed forward.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Anamika