Frequent Visitor

lab 1 exercise 2 question

Is the attached screenshot what Power BI should look like after importing and combining the queries?  I'd like to complain in general that the instructions for importing and working with data in the labs could be MUCH clearer.  I fear that I paid for this course and I am not going to complete it in time. 

Thanks for any help!

2017-03-14 09_19_52-Untitled - Query Editor.png

Frequent Visitor

Re: lab 1 exercise 2 question

As I feared, it looks like I cannot complete steps 5 and 6 now because I don't even see a US Sales query.

1. Edit the Sales Query from the US Sales.
  2. Append the International Sales table to the Sales query from the US Sales.
Frequent Visitor

Please disregard. I simply did not resume from where I left off in lab 1.... 

[ Edited ]

The US Sales means Sales, you can ignore it and edit Sales table directly. If you use Combine function, you can click the drop-down arrow on the right of Sourse Name column.

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

In Lab1 - Exercise 2 i am trying following steps.. I have stuck up in filtering the data after December 31st , 1999. In order to achieve this i have changed the data type of the date column in International Sales to Date and trying filter the  data receiving the error...

1. Perform the following steps:
    • Name the query International Sales.
    • Select to combine (combined binaries) the content of those 4 files, leave the default settings, and click OK.
    • Filter the rows that are after December 31st, 1999.
    • Remove the Source.Name column.
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I am able to figure out the answer for this question from following link.  Thanks to everyone.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/EdX-Specific-Training-Discussion/Lab-1-Exercise-2-Changing-Data-Type...

Thanks,

Khuresh

Frequent Visitor

I have exactly followed the steps... I am not sure where i am going wrong but the Lab1 -exercise row count doesn't match with exercise.

Frequent Visitor

International.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Sales.PNG

I just redo the exercise, it is worked for me. Please confirm if filter all rows after 12/31/1999, and if use correct formual in step7