Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Visuals Library - Download

Is anyone else having issues downloading the Sunburst visual for the Lab 8 exercise?

When I go to download the visual, I get the following message when I go to open it. " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an an association in the Default programs control panel."

I have Power Bi Desktop installed, and I also went to the default programs to create an association and the PBIVIZ is not recongnizing Power Bi.

I even uninstalled and reinstalled Power Bi Desktop, to see if that would fix it.  That did not fix the issue.

Does any have any ideas why this is not working or any suggestions on how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: Visuals Library - Download

@PrellyJo Just to confirm your steps, are you launching Power BI Desktop, clicking the elipsis in the visualizations pane, selecting "Import a Custom Visual", then selecting the Sunburst .pbiviz you have saved to your local machine? From your original message, it sounds like you might be trying to double-click the file as opposed to importing it through Power BI Desktop.

ImportCustomVisual.PNG

Thanks,

Sam Lester (MSFT)

View solution in original post

All Replies

I also repro the issue before, but I'm reinstalled latest version Power BI Desktop  , the issue be fixed.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your responses.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI Desktop, and that has not resolved my issue of not being able to download visuals from the Visuals Library.

Sorry, due to I'm not repro your issue, I don't help you to solve the question, you can contact with Power BI Community Team to solve.

Established Member

@PrellyJo Just to confirm your steps, are you launching Power BI Desktop, clicking the elipsis in the visualizations pane, selecting "Import a Custom Visual", then selecting the Sunburst .pbiviz you have saved to your local machine? From your original message, it sounds like you might be trying to double-click the file as opposed to importing it through Power BI Desktop.

ImportCustomVisual.PNG

Thanks,

Sam Lester (MSFT)

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  I was clicking on the file to open it rather than importing it in Power BI Desktop.   I was able to get the import it now, by going to the elipsis as you suggested.

Thanks,