Frequent Visitor

Power BI Does Not Work

I have tried reinstalling my OS (Win 10) but keep getting errors.   I continually get "Initializing Model", will not start at all.  Any other soutions before I BUY a new computer to run this?

Re: Power BI Does Not Work

[ Edited ]

Lauching Power BI is very slowly, as you said, it maybe still keep "Initializing Model" if your computer memory too small. I used 4G RAM before, it is very slowly, I add a memory bank and up to 8G RAM later, it is worked normally. So this is a computer's performance issue.

Frequent Visitor

I believe I have 16 GB RAM.  This is a widespread, know issue, that has popped up at various times over the past year.  The forums are loaded with support threads that are exactly the same as this.  I'm trying another full reinstall right of Win 10 now.

Thus far I have unistalled the 64 bit version and tried 32 bit.  I also did a clean boot.  Nothing changes.  The start screen just says "Initializing Model" and nothing happens.

Highlighted

I have installed the 64bit latest version on my computer(Win10 system), it works for me. For this case, Maybe I don't provide more useful solution to you, I suggest that you can contact with Power BI Community Team to track the issue. Hope you can get a solution from the Team.