Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Power BI Desktop Modelling - Lab 2 - Exercise 2: Last Year Comparison - Unclear instructions

That is a quote from instructions to exercise 2 in Lab 2:

"You want to know how much sales (revenue) in total does the VanArsdel have and to compare this with the figure from the same period last year"

But it never stated which years should I use to get the totals. The grand total sales value makes sense even when calculated for all years (5,127,755,449.65). LY Total Sales is the same number minus 2015 Total Sales (4,990,799,422.97). Sales variance and variance % is then 136,956,026.68 and 2.74% respectively. I saw that it was right answer in another thread, but again that's for all years combined which has no sense to me.

Also in the questions for this exercise there was no indication that only VanArsdel sales should be accounted. The numbers above are for all manufacturers.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Power BI Desktop Modelling - Lab 2 - Exercise 2: Last Year Comparison - Unclear instructions

The exercise is very clear, if you don't know how to do it, you can see the hint on the bottom of page. You should get correct result

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Power BI Desktop Modelling - Lab 2 - Exercise 2: Last Year Comparison - Unclear instructions

The exercise is very clear, if you don't know how to do it, you can see the hint on the bottom of page. You should get correct result

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately the directions specify that you're looking for a comparison for "VanArsdel", but the correct answer requires analyzing the entire dataset without any filters. 

Regular Visitor

hi,

Hope you are calculating the sales on units and not revenue  and chage the datatype to currency as said. Answers are coming out correct for this .