Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

OLE DB or ODBC Error : DataFormat.Error

[ Edited ]

I completed Lab 1 Exercise 1 yesterday. Today I started Exercise 2, completed all the steps and when i tried to load the data i ended up with error on Sales and Internationa Sales data load (second screenshot). Then i tried to refresh the data and i am geting below error on Sales data. I am stuck here and everytime i try to reload the data it takes too long. This time I will wait for some response in the forum before trying to refresh the data.

"OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We couldn't parse the input provided as a Date value..."

p1.pngp2.png

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: OLE DB or ODBC Error : DataFormat.Error

Looks like it was not likeing the datatype or the filter on the CSV file(International Sales) I took off the filter and shuffeled the datatype for date column and set it back to date datatype. Now the load process completed. Not sure why it didnot like the DATE datatype in the first few trials. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Looks like it was not likeing the datatype or the filter on the CSV file(International Sales) I took off the filter and shuffeled the datatype for date column and set it back to date datatype. Now the load process completed. Not sure why it didnot like the DATE datatype in the first few trials. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!! I've been working on this same error all afternoon!