Frequent Visitor

Microsoft: DAT207x Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI |Lab 3: Quiz, Knowledge checks Q5

According the instruction I have opened the file ‘Lab 3 – starting.pbix’  in the folder C:\Dat207x\. I have dragged in the visualization MATRIX, the field ‘Segment’ from the data model on the right into the fields column “Rows”. Did the same with ‘Category’ to “Columns”  and ‘Total Sales’ to “Values”.

The result is that amounts are being presented in the same field as presented in question 5 in knowledge check, but the amounts are different. In total my matrix presents $ 5.127.755.449,65 while the matrix in knowledge check presents $ 5.331.434.897,22.

The only field that could be wrong is “Values”. I dragged and dropped in this field column ‘LY Sales’. The result is an error message: {Cannot display the visual. See Details: MdxScript(model) (1,58) Calculation Error in measure ‘Sales’[LY Sales]: Function ‘SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR’ only works with contiguous date selections}. This is strange because the file is being provided by edX. I also cannot export the data of the queries for further analysis on this. Can someone help me?

Re: Microsoft: DAT207x Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI |Lab 3: Quiz, Knowledge checks Q

Lab3? I don't find there have Knowledge check Q5, could you provide correct path for your issue? according your result description, I only find similar result from Lab2 exercise2.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Microsoft: DAT207x Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI |Lab 3: Quiz, Knowledge checks Q

@LeifGreen-LeX. Thanks4Feedback. Already came up with the sollution.