Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 7 Exercise 1 - Can't connect to the Azure SQL Database

Hello 

I am experiencing the same problem. Both solutions suggested earlier don't seem to work for me

1. I have no idea how to log in to azure. Should I create a free azure account and use the steps lined out in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-configure-firewall-settings? Or is this something that the sys admin in my work domain should do?

2. When I try to connect to the Azure SQL Database from the webversion, I get a notification directing me back to the desktop version.

I would hate to see me fail on this course because of this technical issue. Any other workaround to finish the lab exercise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ps. Here is the message the webversion tells me when I try to connect.
azure.jpg

I think you should use Power BI Service to connect the Azure SQL Database, the course lab7 exericse document was updated, you can use Power BI Desktop to connect Azure SQL Database.

Frequent Visitor

Indeed I was following the course info, but as I am struggling for hours with KB articles without any effect, I am looking for alternative ways to finish the lab 7 excercise. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?

Thanks

Frans

The Power BI Service have updated before, It will not support to connect Azure SQL Server Database, so now, if you need to connect SQL Server Database, you only use Power BI Desktop.