Frequent Visitor

Lab 4 - Exercise 2: Share Dashboard and Update Report

Question 2

0/1 point (graded)
As you can see, when you update a Power BI Desktop file and re-publish it, the report in Power BI service (that is based on that file) will get updated. What about the Dashboard? Do pinned visualizations (tiles) get updated when the report is updated?
Yes incorrect
No

I did complete  the lab and I was able to see the pinned visualizations updated in the Dashboard.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Lab 4 - Exercise 2: Share Dashboard and Update Report

I try to updated the data in the Power BI Destop and republish and replace it. When I check the Dachboards (VanArsdel Sales) that I created, it do not have any change.

Highlighted

I try to updated the data in the Power BI Destop and republish and replace it. When I check the Dachboards (VanArsdel Sales) that I created, it do not have any change.

I've experienced this as well. Made a change to the upderlying report, published the change and the pinned section on the dashboard was updated.

I expected the answer to be no, based on the videos, but when checking the behaviour for the question it was updated. Marked it as 'yes' and got it wrong.

version issues?

[ Edited ]

I do some changes in Power BI Desktop, and re-publish the file, then I check the Dachboards (VanArsdel Sales) that I created, it do not have any change. it only change in Reports section.

Dashboards:

Lab4_change_1.png

Reports:

Lab4_change.png

Frequent Visitor

The change will be made in report level not in dashboard level, i think the the change in dashboard will be made after scheduling had done.