Visitor

Lab 2 LY calculations

I got this one wrong because I used LY Sales = CALCULATE([Total Sales],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Sales[Date])) instead of LY Sales = CALCULATE([Total Sales],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

What exactly is the difference between these 2 please?

Many thanks, all

Re: Lab 2 LY calculations

Could you provide error message?

DN Member

me too, I dont understand this difference. why do I need to use date from Date Table and cannot use date form Sales Table?
what kind of filters happen over this?

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Could you please provide an explanation?  I got this wrong, also.  Even after entering the DEX expressions from the Explanation (the answer...)

It is rediculous to plug in values from the "Answer", and still get an ncorrect value.

And no, I did not receive an error, just a Sales Var % of 0.03%.

Thanks,

EDIT:  Nevermind, I found the answer in another post, where it mentioned that the data type for Sales Var % simply needed to be of type Percentage.  Sheesh...  It was not even intuative how to change the value type

I also found the issue, if use Date type of Sales, the result about 0.03%.  but if use Date type of Date table, the result is different, I think that the question's answer dependence on Instrcutor's demo in video, so if you want to get correct result, you can use the tip at the bottom of page

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately the directions specify that you're looking for a comparison for "VanArsdel", but the correct answer requires analyzing the entire dataset without a filter. 

You can refer the exercise2 first paragragh.