Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Lab 2 Exercise 1 Manage Table Relationships

Hi,

I just finished the Lab 2 Exercise 1, and realized that the answer of 2nd question (what is the cross filter direction of the relationship?) shall be "Single" not "Both". The provided answer was wrong.

Referring to the "Creating calculated columns" Video in "Data Modelling in Power BI Desktop" section, the result was also "single".

Could anyone let me know your answer to this question? Thanks

Re: Lab 2 Exercise 1 Manage Table Relationships

The question answer is right, you will get correct result if you follow the steps

Visitor

In the first list, Steps 3 - 5 specify ensuring that the first three relationships have Both cross directional filtering. However, in the second list, Step 6 reads only "Link the newly created CountryZip column on the Sales table to the newly created CountryZip column on the Locations table." Nowhere in the instructions does it specify changing the default filtering direction, which is Single.

You can double click the link line between Sales Tabel and Locations Table. You will see the result.

Frequent Visitor

I followed the steps as well and by default I got SINGLE as the cross filter direction.

Can you let me know where I went wrong?

Also wile creating a relationship from Date column in Sales table to Date column in Date table the default cross direction filter obtained was SINGLE. I changed it manually to BOTH as instructed in the lab.

Frequent Visitor

Hi I followed the same steps and also got SINGLE as the default Cross direction filter.

Please let me know where I went wrong.

Also after creating many to one relationship between Sales[Date] and Date[Date] I got SINGLE as the default Cross direction filter,

I then changed it to BOTH as per the instructions.

It is worked for me, could you provide your result to us?

Visitor

I too got single but changed it to get the question correct. I saved a screen shot if you need to see it.