03-19-2017 06:37 PM
In order to complete the first lab, we have to connect PowerBI to the database file 'PowerBi.accdb'. Here is the error message. This is the same error message from both the available download on edX and on github.com.
Unable to connect
We encountered an error while trying to connect.
Details: "Microsoft Access: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read 'PowerBI.accdb'. To download the client software, visit the following site: https//go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=285987
04-06-2017 06:06 PM
You can solve the issue either by following the solution suggested by @LeifGreen-LeX or by following this another method:-
1) Import Access database in an excel. This is quick and simple. You can follow the steps here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4396/import-an-acc
2) Save excel file and open power bi-> getdata-> excel. After this you are ready to analyze and visualize !
Let me know if this helps!
04-07-2017 02:29 PM
I ran thru the same problem. Perhaps, you have 32 Bit & Power BI has 64 Bit. Anyway, this is what you need to do:
1. Check your MS Office is it has 32 or 64 bit (to find it, open Excel, click on "Account", click on "About Excel" and on the top, you'll see which version you have. Once you get that,
2. Go to Power BI download (do not click on download, the reason why is because the big red button of download is the 64 bit default) click on "Advanced download" instead.
3. Select the 32 Bit or 64 Bit (not both)
And that should work. Let me know