Re: Lab 1 - Question 2 OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E.

Okay, I said I had an error.. and I just want to come back and say that I have resolved the issue:

1. Issue is I'm doing my data cleansing in the "Transform Sample Data", the raw data has a column which is supposedly a number.

2. The sample data grabbed (this one single file among the many) has all values in that field as a number

3. Now here's the BUT..... But, the are other raw data that had a dash(-) in that column where it's supposed a number.

4. That is what caused that error to trigger.

Solution, add a filter (filter out "-") via Advanced Editor since via UI would not let me since it recognizes that the sample data had all number in that column, even though I inserted the step right before Data Type assignment.

That's it in my case.

Re: Lab 1 - Question 2 OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E.

Ooops, I just realized that I posted in a very specific discussion but nevertheless I hope my entry can help someone else. Thanks for reading anyway.

Occasional Visitor

Hopefully this will assist others, as I find these Exception errors sometimes hard to work out.

Had this specific error appear recently:Other table errors.PNG

I recently updated a lookup table and five duplicates values in the relationship building column had managed to slip in. The error above appeared to all tables linked to this lookup table, both upstream lookup tables and downstream data tables.

Lookup tables not linked directly were unaffected.  

error originator.PNGLooking down the list of errors there was also this (actually) helpful error message against the lookup table I had just amended incorrectly.

So fixed these duplicates then refreshed and lucky for me all the error messages disappeared. 

So I'd suggest take a look at the last table you changed and hopefully it is something as simple as a duplicate. Might not be that simple too as you may not be the one to have changed anything - someone else may have if you are looking up files/folders that other people have access too.

Hope this helps someone out there Smiley Happy