03-29-2017 12:59 PM
Okay, I said I had an error.. and I just want to come back and say that I have resolved the issue:
1. Issue is I'm doing my data cleansing in the "Transform Sample Data", the raw data has a column which is supposedly a number.
2. The sample data grabbed (this one single file among the many) has all values in that field as a number
3. Now here's the BUT..... But, the are other raw data that had a dash(-) in that column where it's supposed a number.
4. That is what caused that error to trigger.
Solution, add a filter (filter out "-") via Advanced Editor since via UI would not let me since it recognizes that the sample data had all number in that column, even though I inserted the step right before Data Type assignment.
That's it in my case.
03-29-2017 01:04 PM
Ooops, I just realized that I posted in a very specific discussion but nevertheless I hope my entry can help someone else. Thanks for reading anyway.
07-27-2017 07:37 PM
Hopefully this will assist others, as I find these Exception errors sometimes hard to work out.
Had this specific error appear recently:
I recently updated a lookup table and five duplicates values in the relationship building column had managed to slip in. The error above appeared to all tables linked to this lookup table, both upstream lookup tables and downstream data tables.
Lookup tables not linked directly were unaffected.
Looking down the list of errors there was also this (actually) helpful error message against the lookup table I had just amended incorrectly.
So fixed these duplicates then refreshed and lucky for me all the error messages disappeared.
So I'd suggest take a look at the last table you changed and hopefully it is something as simple as a duplicate. Might not be that simple too as you may not be the one to have changed anything - someone else may have if you are looking up files/folders that other people have access too.
Hope this helps someone out there
10-27-2017 01:42 AM
HAd the same error. For me it was the fact that i changed data types in my time dimension. My day in month and my year are stored as numeric in oracle db, when i import the data i changed it to whole numbers so it doesnt display with decimal numbers.
I changed it to be decimal number with 0 decimals so it display the same way and it works now.
Hope it helps others
10-30-2017 08:39 AM
could you tell me more about this scenario., it looks very interesting, are you sure that those fields are defined as integer in oracle or numeric., notice that numeric in oracle apply to integer and decimal.
10-31-2017 04:57 AM
they are numeric in oracle. When they get imported as a dataset power bi changes them automatically to decimal. I didnt pay much atention to it, so i just changed it to whole number to get rid of extra zeroes that were displayed as decimals. Power bi displayed a data type change warning but I didnt expect something like this.
I tried manually refreshing every table and only my Time dimension displayed errors. After i deleted the whole table and imported it again it worked.
10-31-2017 05:11 AM