Frequent Visitor

Lab 1 Exercise 2 error when loading data into PowerBI Desktop

In EdX class DAT207x Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI for Power BI Desktop Data Transformations > Lab 1 > Exercise 2: Import Data from a Folder Containing CSV Files, I am getting an error when Loading data into PowerBI Desktop. The error is:

International Sales: Load was cancelled by an error in loading a previous table.

Sales: OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E.

I've spent hours trying to redo this excercise and can't seem to solve the issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regular Visitor

Re: Lab 1 Exercise 2 error when loading data into PowerBI Desktop

try either of these two ways to solve the problem.

1. First I did a Compact & Repair on the database
  2. Then when I selected the database file to open I chose “open as read-only”

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for these tips. I reviewed all the ribbon options and was not able to locate a way to Compact & Repair in PowerBI. I also searched the help website and do not know how to do a Compact & Repair. Is there documentation available that shows the steps for this action?

Additionally, I was unable to select "open as read-only" when the lab instructions said: "Import the data from the file folder by using the Get Data. To do this, click the Get Data / More option, select Folder and click Connect. " Is the open as read-only feature in a different step during the import?

I tried again today refreshing all the queries and precisely following the steps in the exercise. And, unfortunately, I still receive the same error as before.

lab2errora.PNG

lab2errorb.PNG

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

I tried a different way, and got a new error. I have double checked all query date columns and the format is set to date on each. lab2errorc.PNG

[ Edited ]

I'm also redo the exercise, it is worked for me, I saw screenshot, could you try to change ProductID Data Type to "Any"  in Intermational Sales then do the step again?

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this tip. On further review, the data type of ProductID in Sales is "Any" and the data type of ProductID in International Sales is "Whole Number". However, I do not see how to change "Whole Number" to "Any" as it is not a selection. I have searched the forum on how to do this and did not find an answer. Do you know the steps to take?

datatypesales.PNG   datatypeintsales.PNG

pbiddatatypesindatareportview.png

Sorry, I'm try it again, it maybe not influence for changing Data Type, this is mt result when I follow the step then load the data as below:

Lab1_exercise2.png

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help. I was not able to solve the problem. However, I did learn quite a bit in the process and have now continued on to the next module.

[ Edited ]

Thanks, hope you finish rest course exercise

Frequent Visitor

Hi there, I am also having the same issue. I tried to reload the datasets numerous times and changing the ProductID to Any or Whole Number. Still getting the Date error. The locale is set to US as prescribed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Leo