Frequent Visitor

LAB 6 Q3

[ Edited ]

How many contents are brought into the workspace?

My Answer: 6

Correct answer: 5

The explanation message is (The content pack brought in one dashboard ("VanArsdel Sales"), two reports ("Lab 4 - Starting" and "Lab 5 - USA"), and two datasets ("Lab 4 - Starting" and "Lab 5 - Canada").

i think there is a problem in this question because "Lab 5 - USA Report" depends on "LAB 5 - USA Dataset"

so the full content pack contains: 

1 dashboard (VanArsdel sales)

2 reports (Lab 4 - Starting, Lab 5 - USA)

3 datasets (Lab 4 - Starting, Lab 5 - Canada, Lab 5 - USA)

Total = 6 

please correct me if am wrong 

Thanks a lot

Frequent Visitor

Re: LAB 6 Q3

I agree with this and had exactly the same result - 6 contents are brought into the workspace.

Frequent Visitor

Just to confirm I also have 6. The Lab5 - USA Report depends on the Lab 5 - USA Dataset. This is missed out of the explanation for an incorrect answer. I ahve subsequently failed that question when it was impossible to answer it correctly.

This is the explanation, which is patently wrong:

EXPLANATION

The content pack brought in one dashboard ("VanArsdel Sales"), two reports ("Lab 4 - Starting" and "Lab 5 - USA"), and two datasets ("Lab 4 - Starting" and "Lab 5 - Canada").

Please sort this out ASAP.

Chris

Frequent Visitor

Same problema here. 

I have reported a problem to EDX, but they told me to report the problem here.

No news from the Course staff.

Frequent Visitor

Actually  i got 5 contents as The explanation message shown .

check your steps from imprting data , maybe some confuse there . 

Frequent Visitor

can you mention them, please? 

Frequent Visitor

You only get 5 components if you connect to LAB5-USA Excel instead of importing.

But in this case, you would not get a LAG5-USA Dataset, which should be created according to the text in Lab5 - Excercise 2:

Lab5 - Exercise 2, step 3, " The Excel file is uploaded as a Dataset in Power BI service"

To accomplish the upload of the data as a Dataset, you should have imported the excel file, not connected.

And in this case, you would have gotten 6 components in the package

Frequent Visitor

let me check my PowerBI Service, 

Frequent Visitor

It seems like the suggestion here is to change this text from:

"Click Get Data, select Files and click Get. Select Local file and Upload your Excel file to Power BI. The Excel file is uploaded as a Dataset in Power BI service. Since this Excel file also contain a Power View report, the Power View report is converted to a Power BI report."

to

"Click Get Data, select Files and click Get. Select Local file and Upload your Excel file to Power BI.  Since this Excel file also contain a Power View report, the Power View report is converted to a Power BI report."

Would that make it clear enough?

(FWIW, I followed the text and picked the Upload option when I originally did it.)

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I think that would solve the problem.

I would use Upload too, just following what we saw in the videos, but since the text explicitly said that a Dataset should be created, I went for import.

I guess this would solve the problem.

Regards,

Jane