I don't have a work/business email id! How do I complete this course without PowerBI Service login?

Can someone give me a solution for this problem? It's pretty unique as it seems that none of my other friends who are taking this course have a problem around logging into PowerBI Service. I don't have a corporate email id and am not able to do all the stuff that I'm required to.

Frequent Visitor

Re: I don't have a work/business email id! How do I complete this course without PowerBI Service log

Hi, do you have university or school mail ?

use it and enjoy  Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Re: I don't have a work/business email id! How do I complete this course without PowerBI Service log

I also would appreciate this information.  Thought by now it would become a FAQ.  

Thanks.

You can sign up an Office365 trial, then sign up for Power BI using the account

Frequent Visitor

I'm taking Power BI course, I have MS Office 365 & a Microsoft account, but still can't access PowerBi Service because it asks for Work or student email no way around.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It's a bit confusing regarding the email address.  To create my address, I just used my regular address and appended it with ".onmicrosoft.com".  Example:  johndoe@gmail.onmicrosoft.com.

Regarding the Office 365 trial, even though I have 365 I signed up for the trial just to get my new email account.  Don't try and make too much sense out of it.

Regards.

Steve 

Please refer the page named "Signing up for Power BI Service" from Start Here!-> Set up the Lab Environment

Frequent Visitor

Steve, you're the best, I finally was able to sign in with a mumbo jumbo email that Microsoft system understood. Again, thanks so much.

Frequent Visitor

Believe me as a formal student, I go thru my syllabus or any other instructions with a comb & there isn't any help how to sign in for Power BI with a personal email address because I'm unemployed therefore, no business email; I'm not a student therefore, no university email. 

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Cheers

Frequent Visitor

Have you solved your problem? If not, look at Steve reply to my question because I have the same situation no business email nor student email.

I hope this help.

Cheers,