Frequent Visitor

Create dynamic visualization for logged user

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have a requirement is, each logged user will see a visualization about his timesheet. So I wonder can we create a common visualization then apply it for many users, each user will have different value, based on a parameter (user Id for example). Is it possible?

Thanks,

Tuan Do

Re: Create dynamic visualization for logged user

Different user use different visualization, they will get different chart, and it dispaly different value for user. You can check it by using different visualization with same data

Frequent Visitor

Thank LeifGreen-LeX for your help. But I cannot create too many different visualizations for users if I have many users in the system. Can we create just 1 visualization but have different value, base on any kind of parameter, userId for example.

Yes, you're right, use different parameters with same visualization, the chart display different value.

Frequent Visitor

Hi LeifGreen-LeX,

But I don't know how to do that? Please help me on this issue.

Thanks.

I use lab2 files as example,

first, I select a visualization named "100% Stacked column chart", and select "LY Sales" from Sales table.

example_1.jpg

Second, I select "City" from Locations table again. The result as below:

example_2.jpg

then, I change "City" to "Country" from Locations table, the result as below:

example_3.jpg

As you see, I use same data "LY Sales" from Sales table, but the value is different when I select "City" or "Country" from Locations table. Hope this is helpful for you

Frequent Visitor

Thank LeifGreen-LeX for your quickly support.

But I want to embed the visualization to my website and then select the param like Country/City automatically by programming. In my case the filter value is logged user. I want the visualization display information for that user only automatically. Is it possible?

Thanks,

[ Edited ]

I don't try to do those yet, so maybe I don't give you more suggest, sorry. You can search the information by Google

Frequent Visitor

Thank LeifGreen-LeX for your support.