Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Cannot edit queries from Lab 2

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the La2 .pbix file and when i open it then try to Edit Queries to create new columns i get a DataFormat.Error message.  It says:

DataFormat.Error: 'PowerBI.accdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.
Details:
PowerBI.accdb

Is there a known reason for this or somewhere I can check to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Established Member

Re: Cannot edit queries from Lab 2

Click on "Edit Queries", then on the right you'll see the applied steps, including the first one, "Source", where the actual path is defined. Take a look at the screenshot below:

Source.PNG

If this reply answers the question, please mark the question as answered and give kudos.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Hi Aviswana27

I am a learner as well. From what I can see there is no need to modify the query in Lab2. But anyway, you should be able to fix the error after put the access database to correct location, to do that, go to the very beginning step of the data source, then in the formula bar you can see the access database file path.

Occasional Visitor

Hi qyz225,

I encountered the same problem as well and I still can't address it.  Can you please tell me what do you mean by "the very beginning step of the data source", can you illustrate that in more details? thanks in advance.

Established Member

Click on "Edit Queries", then on the right you'll see the applied steps, including the first one, "Source", where the actual path is defined. Take a look at the screenshot below:

Source.PNG

If this reply answers the question, please mark the question as answered and give kudos.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Probably you didn't use the default path asigned by the course. To fix it go to edit query and go to datasource settings you should change the files location to the right path.

Regular Visitor

Unable to edit query in Query Editor.  I've verified my file path as correct.  I've read documentation on the error but no avail.  Please help.

Correct pathCorrect pathError messageError messageNone of the tables load correctlyNone of the tables load correctly

Please confirm "PowerBI.accdb" file also locate in C:\DAT207x path

Regular Visitor

Leif -  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, "PowerBI.accdb" is located in my C: Dat207X folder

Regular Visitor

I also tried moving the work files directly to the root of C: and redirected the file path for each table successfully but continue to receive errors previously described.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Could you reload the file and redo the exercise if it still have problem? I tried to redo the exercise, it is worked for me.