01-06-2016 05:19 PM - edited 01-09-2016 04:23 PM
This forum is for the students of “Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI” course hosted on edX to discuss specific class related questions. If you have not enrolled, check out the course here.
If you have a 'product' related question (independent of the class) - you're in the right neighborhood as well - please check out the other forums as the answer may already exist - or a fellow community member can quickly help you out!
About the course:
The ”Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI” course is a great way to start your journey with Power BI. The course is taught in short, lecture-based videos, complete with demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs. The Power BI product team will guide you through Power BI end-to-end, starting from how to connect to and import your data, author reports using Power BI Desktop, publish those reports to the Power BI service, create dashboards, and share to business users so that they can consume the dashboards through the web and their mobile devices.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Connect, import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence
- Visualize data, author reports, and schedule automated refresh of your reports
- Create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop and Excel
- Use natural language queries in Power BI
- Create real time dashboards
Please follow these guidelines to make the course discussions useful and build a positive community:
- Check out the FAQ page before asking a question.
- Search the forum to see if someone else has already asked the same question (and has been answered!) before.
- Write a concise, descriptive title for your post, then provide enough information to understand your question or problem.
- "Upvote" good posts: click the "Thumbs up" button so that good posts can be found more easily.
- Please be polite to one another
- Do not post quiz answers and actual code in the forum. I’m sure we all can ask questions and give feedback without taking the opportunity to learn from others.