Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 1: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Desktop

7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 1: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Desktop

I can connect to database but i dont find bi.salesFact the bi.Date tables 

Anybody can help me?

Super Contributor

Re: 7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 1: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Desktop

@JuanCorbi Following the steps I see this, which includes the two tables. What are you seeing for database objects?

selections.JPG

Established Member

Re: 7. Direct Connectivity > Lab 7 > Exercise 1: Direct Connectivity From Power BI Desktop

First, make sure you are doing this through Power BI Desktop as opposed to the Power BI Service. Also, the functionality around Direct Query / Import has changed since this was originally written, so the steps are slightly off. They should be:

Lab7Steps.PNG

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Hi, I can't connect with details specified; 1st time I was able to go upto step 4(entering database login details), but it failed., but now, I can even go past step 3)...i get below error...

unable t oconnect

Details: "Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Visitor

Look at the answer posted by elRonaldo on ‎05-19-2016 07:06 AM to a similar problem. In the left-hand pane there are 2 choices for credential verification: Windows and Database. Make sure to choose the Database option. It worked for me just now.

Frequent Visitor

hello,

I am also experiencing some challenges to connect to the Azure Database.  When I enter the provided Login and PW credentials, an error pops up with "We couldn't authenticate with the credential provided.  Please try again!.

Could you please help me?

thank you in advance.

kind regards,

-jae

Frequent Visitor

Kindly ignore my request for help.  Thanks to other participants in the course, finally managed to solve it by reading further on the notes that were previously posted.