Frequent Visitor

3. Power BI Desktop Visualization > Visualizing Your Data > Quick Quiz

I cannot drag answers to their correct location in the section "Drag and drop the fields to the corresponding settings to create the above chart."ProblemExampleExample below: I could not drag "Country" field to corresponding correct setting "Location." Likewise, I could not drag other correct fields to their corresponding correct setting.

Questions: 1) Are  others having this problem? 2) If not, what suggestions does this Community have to avoid this problem?

ExampleProblem.Drag-Drop.NotWorking.(12.16.16).PNG

Established Member

Re: 3. Power BI Desktop Visualization > Visualizing Your Data > Quick Quiz

@gmax51 Hi, you need to open the lab exercise in Power BI Desktop and create the chart there. Once you add the Map visual, you can drag fields from the data model on the right into the fields columns (location, etc.).

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Frequent Visitor

Hi, my question refers to the quiz, not the lab. The quiz functionality did not allow drag and drop.

Established Member

@gmax51 The quizzes are merely screenshots showing you the actions to take in the Power BI Desktop product. It is not an interactive quiz, but instead is the instructions that you execute in the product.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I had the same problem and my answer shows as incorrect.

I am not sure what is meant by "It is not an interactive quiz" as clearly you are required to drop the fields as aked in the question and the question is graded.  This is what I did.

This link shows a screen shot where I received a grade of 0/1 after dropping the country. category and revenue fields in the quiz on the only places available.  I obviously got Country and Category right, however there was no field called Valuues to drop the revenu field on, so I took the best option I could find

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cua0ryrj1jneqa0/Question4Incorrect.png?dl=0

I managed to get all other question right.

Nigel

Screen Shot from Graded QuizScreen Shot from Graded Quiz

Frequent Visitor

According the instruction of samlester I have opened the file ‘Lab 3 – starting.pbix’  in the folder C:\Dat207x\. I have dragged in the visualization MAP, the field ‘Country’ from the data model on the right into the fields column “Location”. Did the same with ‘Category’ to “Legend”  and ‘Total Sales’ to “Size”. There are no latitudes and longitudes in the queries, so I do not have to take that into consideration. I do not believe there are ambiguous fields, so that cannot be a problem either.

When hoovering over the pie in the MAP in the USA the value for the Category Urban shows
$ 3.797.047.731,22 instead of $ 3.945.383.367,29 as projected in question 4 of the knowledge check in this chapter. The first thing that comes up to mind is that maybe it could be last year sales, but then you should have had another header in the visualization, so that can be ruled out. I also checked the different options changing the ‘Data Category’ but that did not help. I think I am out of options to solve this problem. Does anybody have a clue?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

According the instruction of samlester I have opened the file ‘Lab 3 – starting.pbix’  in the folder C:\Dat207x\. I have dragged in the visualization MAP, the field ‘Country’ from the data model on the right into the fields column “Location”. Did the same with ‘Category’ to “Legend”  and ‘Total Sales’ to “Size”. There are no latitudes and longitudes in the queries, so I do not have to take that into consideration. I do not believe there are ambiguous fields, so that cannot be a problem either.

When hoovering over the pie in the MAP in the USA the value for the Category Urban shows
$ 3.797.047.731,22 instead of $ 3.945.383.367,29 as projected in question 4 of the knowledge check in this chapter. The first thing that comes up to mind is that maybe it could be last year sales, but then you should have had another header in the visualization, so that can be ruled out. I also checked the different options changing the ‘Data Category’ but that did not help. I think I am out of options to solve this problem. Does anybody have a clue?

Regular Visitor

I did the same thing... zero points.  Not that it would have made a difference but wish I would have read the post first to alleviate frustration.  How did others passing the course figure this out?

[ Edited ]

I think you can use Lab3 file, and use suitable visualization template to do the quiz,  maybe you only get similar chart when you do the quiz, but it is enough to answer those questions.