Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ntomby

updating a report and the data

Hi, please help. I have quries that use the sql server, I made changes on the sql server and the quries got updated. However the issue is the data (tab below report and above relationships on the left side of powerBI) and the report did not. Please help I imported the database  using import data connection mode

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

On Home tab click Refresh?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you, but i tried that several times

A.PNG

where there is "data" thats where the data does not change according to the query and the report too. Ofwhich i think the report does not change because the data is not updating according to the querie

@ntomby wrote:

where there is "data" thats where the data does not change according to the query and the report too. Ofwhich i think the report does not change because the data is not updating according to the querie

@ntomby

What does the query like in "Query Editor" window? Have you re-run the query and "Apply changes"?

Capture.PNG

Yes I have after making changes in the sql server, so the changes reflected on the quries after I refreshed but not on the data

@ntomby wrote:

Yes I have after making changes in the sql server, so the changes reflected on the quries after I refreshed but not on the data

@ntomby

What do you mean changes reflected on the queries? Do you mean that you've changed some data in SQL Server and the same quries return different result in tool like SSMS but not in Power BI? If so, what are the queries used in Power BI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.