Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timleung
Frequent Visitor

undefined

Good day all,

I need to add new table to the existing data model. However, the 'new table' icon is greyed out.

1. How can I click to add new table ?

2. Is there any other method to add new table ?

3. The objective is to use the existing dashboard to add a table so as to use all the working dashboard components. How can I achive this ?

Thanks !

Timmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@timleung wrote:

Good day all,

I need to add new table to the existing data model. However, the 'new table' icon is greyed out.

3. The objective is to use the existing dashboard to add a table so as to use all the working dashboard components. How can I achive this ?

Thanks !

Timmy

Is your report in DirectQuery mode, in DQ mode, it is not supported to add new tables. As to option 3, you can create another report in import mode with "new table" and pin the table to the existing dashboard.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@timleung wrote:

Good day all,

Thanks !

Timmy

Is your report in DirectQuery mode, in DQ mode, it is not supported to add new tables. As to option 3, you can create another report in import mode with "new table" and pin the table to the existing dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.