Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

remove "report usage metrics report" showing on embedded application

I am dealing with an embedded application that is getting reports via this C# repository method

using (var client = new PowerBIClient(new Uri(_powerBiSettings.MainAddress), tokenData.tokenCredentials))
                {
                    var reports = await client.Reports.GetReportsInGroupAsync(_powerBiSettings.GroupId);
                    return reports.Value
                                  .Select(rep => new ReportSummary {ReportId = Guid.Parse(rep.Id), Name = rep.Name})
                                  .ToList();
                }

However in the list of reports, I am getting back a report called "Report Usage Metrics Report" which is a power bi default report for showing metrics of how many people are using my reports.

The way I am removing this report is adding the linq statement.

return reports.Value
                                  .Select(rep => new ReportSummary {ReportId = Guid.Parse(rep.Id), Name = rep.Name})
                                  .ToList();

Is there some other way to remove this report from the list?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the documentation here, it seems we can't filter it out in the first place. So we need to filter out the "Metrics reports" after we get all the reports.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to the documentation here, it seems we can't filter it out in the first place. So we need to filter out the "Metrics reports" after we get all the reports.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When I click "View solution in original post" it doesn't do anything.  I really need to know how to filter out the "Metrics reports" after I get all the reports as suggested above.  Please help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.