Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MartinBT
Frequent Visitor

jira/tempo token issue

Hi, 

I am trying to connect Atlassians Tempo API to PowerBI, but I am strugling with getting access. 

API: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO0716/pages/125731087/Tempo+Servlet+Manual 

When connecting to the API through postman, I have no issues, so the issue must be in how I connect through PowerBI.

I am using a web data source, and the url domain.com/plugins/servlet/tempo-getWorklog/?format=xml&tempoApiToken=TOKENID 

But for some reason it seems like PowerBI is stripping away the token ID; and therefore not granting me access. 

Im new to PowerBI, so I guess im missing something, or connecting the wrong way, all help would be appreciated - Thanks 

Regards 

Martin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MartinBT

Do you have any convinience to share an POSTMAN call sample to your API so that I can try and test. You can send me a private message.

Per my experience, usually Power BI works fine and doesn't stripping away url part.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@MartinBT

Do you have any convinience to share an POSTMAN call sample to your API so that I can try and test. You can send me a private message.

Per my experience, usually Power BI works fine and doesn't stripping away url part.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing same issuw not able to connect with Jira Tempo URL. Can you please share me how yu people access the URL

Issue was resolved after trying again with a clear head, and a good nights sleep 🙂 

I cant tell what went wrong, but seems I made some mistake in my end.

Hi @Eric_Zhang

Sure I will send some more details in a PM. 

Thanks 

/Martin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.