Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rtompsett

gps.js error - gps.js:114 Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided

Hi, I hope you can help me.

I am getting this js error and I can't figure out why it is happening. I have stepped through my javascript and can confirm that the embed is succesful without showing any errors, My custom controls for pages and date filtering load and apply the inital date filter, this is all fine, infact i can step through my entire .js file without seeing the error but as soon as I resume execution the errors occur.

Now I assume this is being caused by .js files that exist from the power bi js library but i could be wrong, I'm just wondering whether anyone else has been experiencing this?

EDIT

I have narrowed it down to the custom visual: "Card with States by OKViz". When I remove this visual the javascript errors cease. It's a shame as the colour changing card was in the spec i worked off. Any tricks to circumvent it would be great so i can keep it in.

I'm wondering whether it is possible to target a card visual externally through javascript, read the value and change that card's background colour based on the value. I might give this a go if I get the time and report back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rtompsett,

As far as I know, this is not yet supported.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rtompsett,

As far as I know, this is not yet supported.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.