Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbeuserie
Frequent Visitor

consuming https://analysis.windows.net/powerbi/api from visual studio report project ?

Hello,

i've some pbix in production into powerbi.com.

my next move would be to create SRSS reports that consume the data from the powerbi.com cube.

in visual studio, i tried about every connection type and connection string combination, without luck.

is that even possible ? tried by someone else ?

thanks all !

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@fbeuserie wrote:

Hello,

i've some pbix in production into powerbi.com.

my next move would be to create SRSS reports that consume the data from the powerbi.com cube.

in visual studio, i tried about every connection type and connection string combination, without luck.

is that even possible ? tried by someone else ?

thanks all !

@fbeuserie

What would you like to do with the API? AFAIK, Power BI doesn't have a REST API to retrive/read table data. Check this idea REST API access to READ datasets and vote it up.

Hello,

what i want to do is consume the data by configuring a datasource on an local ssrs (sql server report server) instance to generate "static" reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.