Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

askpavan1311

Who can get "Connect Directly" option in Gateway Connections?

Hi , when I checked Schdule Refresh on dataset ( on power BI web) , usually I can see  below options under gateway connections.

1. Use personnal gateway

2. Use Enterprise Gateway

But one of my collegue getting "Connect Directly" option - By this he can able to schedule refresh of report ( max 8 times) ith any enterprise gate way installation.

Question :

1.How one can get "Connect Directly " Option

2. Can this "Connect Directly " option  used for Prodcution power BI dashboard which is point to to my production sql server?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per my understanding.. if your dashboard is conected with AZURE SQL DW/DB then only you will get "Connect Directly". by using this "PBI Gateway" is not required.

I am not sure how much data tranformation is secured by using "Connect Directly" because your Enterprise Gateway is not in picture and Microsoft's Online Gateways will be using while connected to "Connect Directly".

Thanks.

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

hi @askpavan1311,
Where does your collegue see the "Connect Directly" option? Do you mean "Keep your data up to date"?
In order to see the Enterprise Gateway in the list, you need to go to Manage Gateways and add the data source there. 
If you just want to use the Personal Gateway, you can click on "Keep your data up to date" and it will allow you to set up the 8 times.
BTW all these functionalities require a PowerBI pro subscription so make sure you have one, I assumed you did since you can see the gateway options in scheduled refresh.
Thanks,
Dimah

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.