Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dhammanand
Regular Visitor

What is the max number of columns and rows i can have in table and matrix report in Power BI ?

What is the max number of columns i can have in table and matrix report in Power BI ?What is the max number of rows we can have in table or matrix ?

4 REPLIES 4
jovendeluna21
Helper III
Helper III

@Dhammanand the liitation is stated here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-data-points

Matrix

• Rows: Virtualization by using Window of 500 rows at a time
  • Columns: Top 100 grouping columns
  • Values: multiple values do not count against the data reduction

Does anybody have knowledge on max number of columns and rows to have it in table or matrix visual in power BI ?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Dhammanand wrote:

What is the max number of columns i can have in table and matrix report in Power BI ?What is the max number of rows we can have in table or matrix ?

@Dhammanand

The online documentation doesn't mention about any limitation, and I'm not aware of any limitation as well. What is your concern about the limitation? Usually for better data presentation, I don't put too many rows in a table/matrix visual. Power BI also has the TOP N filter to limitation data rows in those visuals.

If there is any such limitation, I suspect it is one of memory, which would mean the maximum number of rows depends on how many columns you have.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.