Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Visuals for testing throw error ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

Hi,

I am modifying a custom visual and using the developer tools for debugging and testing in PowerBI.com. I am running the server in my computer (pbiviz start) and the visual compiled without problem. However, when I try using the developer tools in PowerBI.com, I get the following error:

errorpowerbivisuals.PNG

I have packaged the custom visual, imported it and used it in Power BI Desktop without problem, so I do not think it is a bug in the code. Also, I have successfully run the server and used the developer tools in PowerBI.com before, so I do not think it is a problem with my setup. Does anyone has any suggestions or can help?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Just a quick update. It seems to be a problem with the certificate. I opened another tab in the browser (replicated in Chrome and Firefox) and navigated to the URL: https://localhost:8080/assets/status. Added a security exception for the certificate and it works again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pelocruz,

If you have any issues with the Power BI command line tools, please visit PowerBI-visuals-tools issue page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pelocruz
Regular Visitor

Just a quick update. It seems to be a problem with the certificate. I opened another tab in the browser (replicated in Chrome and Firefox) and navigated to the URL: https://localhost:8080/assets/status. Added a security exception for the certificate and it works again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.