Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

melanieruiz
Regular Visitor

Using different roles to filter pages within a report

I'm buidling a report with multiple pages and I'm wanting to apply different roles to the different pages.

The two roles would be Employee and Mentor, but would both pick up the username() of the person logged in. The first page in the report would use the Employee role to show data related to the person. The second page would use the Mentor role to show data related to the person's mentees.  

Is this possible? I really don't want to have to build separate reports for every person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@melanieruiz

AFAIK, there's no page level security as you described, one has access to a report can view all pages. I think you submit your idea at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JillianK
Regular Visitor

People have been asking for this for 7 years. I don't know that voting for this feature will help at this point, but it certainly can't hurt: https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=2dd57d8f-9e1e-4eb0-8dd1-05a566e522cf

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@melanieruiz

May I know what is your purpose? I think maybe you can use Row Leve Security in Power BI?

As mentioned, I'm trying to filter the different pages of a single report based on different roles.

When a person logs in I want to pick up their username. The first page would filter on Employee=username to show data related to the person. The second page would need to filter on Mentor=username to show data related to the person's mentees. As far as I can tell, only 1 role from RLS can apply to a report, not to the individual pages within the report. I believe I'm going to have to make separate reports instead of pages within one report. 

@melanieruiz

AFAIK, there's no page level security as you described, one has access to a report can view all pages. I think you submit your idea at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.