Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iAm3G
Frequent Visitor

Trying to use Table Visual row values selected to create measures

Hi all,

I'm trying to identify the date value of a specific row selected within my table visual and use it to modify an existing measure by replacing the Today() part with that date from the row.

So for the example below I would need to identify that the date value is "2017-07-22" and use it in the measure:

SalesPerDate = CALCULATE(RealTimeData[Total Sales], DATEVALUE(RealTimeData[Date]) = TODAY()) 

Clipboard01.jpg

PLEASE NOTE:

This is a streaming dataset and Calculated Columns / Editing Queries etc are not allowed. It has to be a measure to obtain that value and then use it in another measure.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@iAm3G wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to identify the date value of a specific row selected within my table visual and use it to modify an existing measure by replacing the Today() part with that date from the row.

So for the example below I would need to identify that the date value is "2017-07-22" and use it in the measure:

SalesPerDate = CALCULATE(RealTimeData[Total Sales], DATEVALUE(RealTimeData[Date]) = TODAY()) 

Clipboard01.jpg

PLEASE NOTE:

This is a streaming dataset and Calculated Columns / Editing Queries etc are not allowed. It has to be a measure to obtain that value and then use it in another measure.

@iAm3G

If I understand your request correctly, you just need to remove the filter. The SalesPerDate would vary according to your slicer

SalesPerDate = CALCULATE(RealTimeData[Total Sales]) 

What is your another measure, the first measure would change according to the context of the another measure. 

By the way, is the RealTimeData[Date] a text column?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@iAm3G wrote:

Hi all,

Clipboard01.jpg

PLEASE NOTE:

@iAm3G

If I understand your request correctly, you just need to remove the filter. The SalesPerDate would vary according to your slicer

SalesPerDate = CALCULATE(RealTimeData[Total Sales]) 

What is your another measure, the first measure would change according to the context of the another measure. 

By the way, is the RealTimeData[Date] a text column?

Hi there and sorry for the late reply. I'm new to Power BI and just started delving into measures etc...
Yes RealTimeData[date] is text because using date shows the date in a format not suitable for our international company and as I'm using a streaming dataset i cant do anything about that. Or at least I tried and couldn't.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.