Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nitin_sp
Regular Visitor

Tile embed disappears in 4-5 seconds

We are facing a strange issue in Power BI Embedded where the embedded tile just disappears after 4-5 seconds and comes back after referesh;

Here is a config;

{"tokenType":1,"accessToken":"<Token>",
"permissions":7,"id":"<TileID>","embedUrl":"<TileEmbed>","type":"tile",
"dashboardId":"<ID>"}"

We retrieve the embed token using Microsoft APIs. I can share that procedure if required. 

Here is what happens (Sorry I cant embed this video since its not a you tube); https://dzwonsemrish7.cloudfront.net/items/2A3s0G0l0E0r1W2V021K/Screen%20Recording%202018-05-07%20at...

P.S.

1. This error only occurs when we make a change in underlying report (which tile is referring) in PBI Desktop and publish.
  2. This error remains for nearly 1-2 minutes are making a change and publish and then disappears
  3. When I kept console ON, I realize the visual disappears after getting this error;
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)	
wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/metadata/models/<ID>/?modelOptions=Default&packageId=<ID>

Any help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

The messgae should mean the original tile content can't be found, which I think should be caused by the update.

By the way, how you generate the Embed Token?

The method for the Embed Token should be:

Generate Token

Which would require the Power BI AccessToken.

Just from the error message, it seems to be the generated token is not valided for the updated tile.

I will share the testing results from my side.

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.