Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamTrexler
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sunset date for embedded api version 1?

Has a firm date been announced when use of the Version 1 Embedded API will no longer be possible? It was originally announced that it would be supported for "1 year" to allow current customers to port their applications.

I can calculate 1 year from the date of the announcement, of course, but a current, actual de-support date would help us in our planning.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

By saying Version 1, do you mean the Power BI Embeded workspace collections?

Check the information below for more details:

Quoted

"

Power BI Workspace Collections is being retired. Migrate to Power BI Embedded by June 30, 2018, for continued support of embedded analytics in your app. By migrating, you’ll avoid service disruptions and gain an improved experience through the simplified API surface.

After June 30, 2018, visuals embedded through Power BI Workspace Collections will no longer be viewable in your apps. Application data will be available in the Power BI Workspace Collections service until December 31, 2018. By transitioning to Power BI Embedded, you can ensure that your app users will still be able to view embedded visuals, and you’ll have continued access to your data.

Note that customers with an Enterprise Agreement signed before June 2017 will have until the end of that agreement to migrate to Power BI Embedded.

Learn more about Power BI Embedded and how to migrate to Power BI Embedded. For additional questions about these updates, visit the Power BI community forums.

"

Reference.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

By saying Version 1, do you mean the Power BI Embeded workspace collections?

Check the information below for more details:

Quoted

"

Power BI Workspace Collections is being retired. Migrate to Power BI Embedded by June 30, 2018, for continued support of embedded analytics in your app. By migrating, you’ll avoid service disruptions and gain an improved experience through the simplified API surface.

After June 30, 2018, visuals embedded through Power BI Workspace Collections will no longer be viewable in your apps. Application data will be available in the Power BI Workspace Collections service until December 31, 2018. By transitioning to Power BI Embedded, you can ensure that your app users will still be able to view embedded visuals, and you’ll have continued access to your data.

Note that customers with an Enterprise Agreement signed before June 2017 will have until the end of that agreement to migrate to Power BI Embedded.

Learn more about Power BI Embedded and how to migrate to Power BI Embedded. For additional questions about these updates, visit the Power BI community forums.

"

Reference.

Regards,

Michael

Michael,

Yes, that's the same thing. I hadn't found this page in all of my digging. Thanks for providing it, that's exactly what I needed.

Sam

Did anyone else get the message today saying it was 2019, instead of 2018?

Migrate to Power BI Embedded by June 30, 2019 for continued support of embedded analytics in your app

You’re receiving this email because our records indicate that you’re currently using Power BI Workspace Collections.

Power BI Workspace Collections is being retired

Because you can now embed more Power BI features in your apps using Power BI Embedded, the Power BI Workspace Collections service is being retired. After June 30, 2019, visuals embedded using Power BI Workspace Collections will no longer be viewable within your apps. Application data will be available within the Power BI Workspace Collections service until December 31, 2018. By transitioning to Power BI Embedded, your app users will still be able to view embedded visuals, and you’ll have continued access to your data.

That looks like a typo. I got a similar email yesterday, but mine said 2018.

Also, isn't it a bit contradictory that the application data would be available until Dec 31, 2018, but the service could be used until Jun 30, 2019?

Yes I can confirm that I have just received the same email with the date delayed by a whole year.

Which may well be welcome for some, however it is generally confusing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors