Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StreamingD

Streaming Data - Time Problems - Python / Bash

I use Power Bi to visualize Streaming Data and I kinda like it, because of the UI design and how easy it is to configure. But unfortunately I really struggle with displaying the right time in graphs. I recognized the following problems:
-Displayed time is one hour to early, althoug the sent time is correct, I live in GMT+1 timezone, this happens for python and bash scripts
-If a use a python or bash script to update the time, the graph is never filled out completely, just the few hours / mins on the right side

I really like Power BI, but with this issues, it's almost unusable...

How can I fix the mentioned problems?

When will it be possible to display a text in a card box?
5 REPLIES 5
StreamingD

I use Power Bi to visualize Streaming Data and I kinda like it, because of the UI design and how easy it is to configure. But unfortunately I really struggle with displaying the right time in graphs. I recognized the following problems:
-Displayed time is one hour to early, althoug the sent time is correct, I live in GMT+1 timezone, this happens for python and bash scripts
-If a use a python or bash script to update the time, the graph is never filled out completely, just the few hours / mins on the right side

I really like Power BI, but with this issues, it's almost unusable...

How can I fix the mentioned problems?

Speedtest.PNGspeedtest2.PNG

@StreamingD

Do you have that problem only when using Python? If so, may you post the python code? I doubt it is the datetime format in the sent JSON, an ISO 8601 format 2017-03-09T00:53:42Z shall work.

I double checked the issue with the report function, the time is corect there if I use a bash script to stream the data. So it's probably a bug of the dashboard streaming data function. However, with the python script I can not even display data in the report function! It's really bad that such functions are not working correctly. 

@StreamingD

Have you tried to delete and re-create a new streaming dataset? Could you post the Python script so that I can try to reproduce this issue?

It's really strange, since a few days the time is displayed correctly in the dashboard, but if I refreshed the the page, just one hour is displayed on the right corner. 

Thats the way how it looks after having the dashboard page open for 2 hours without a refresh:

dashboard_ok.PNG

That's the way how it looks after a refresh:

dashboard_not_ok.PNG

I can post the script later

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.