Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

muy
Frequent Visitor

Selection filter between visuals are not synchronised

I've noticed that the selection filters sometimes are not synchonised between the visuals, if one is a native visual and another one is a custom visual. The issue even occus for the custom visuals that are provided by Microsoft.

To reproduce the issue: 

1. Have a native visual (eg. Pie chart, can be on either highlight mode or filter mode) and a custom visual (eg. Aster plot) on Filter mode (Highlight mode doesn't seem to produce this issue consistently).
  2. Select an item or items on Aster plot. This will cause the corresponding item(s) to be highlighted on Pie chart (Expected behavior).
  3. Now select an item on pie chart. The pie chart will now have the selected item highlighted. But the Aster plot clears all selections (All items are selected instead!)Capture.PNG

I am not sure why this issue occurs considering that these custom visuals are provided by Microsoft. The same issue also occurs in my own custom visual (since I'm using these visuals as sample). I have been struggling to get this working correctly for the past few days already but still coudn't find any solution. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Muy

1 REPLY 1
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This issue is supposed to be fixed.

Let me know if you face it again.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors