Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

njrandell
Helper I
Helper I

Seeing errors from posting rows of Microsoft.Cloud.Platform.Utils.AcquireLockTimeoutException

I've started to see errors when posting rows. Some of my posts still work, but quite a few of these errors occur.

The error message returned from the post is InternalServerError (HTTP 500) and the response body is

{"error":{
"code":"GeneralException",
"message":"Failed to process dataset PostRows",
"target":"PostRows",
"details":[
{"message":"Exception of type 'Microsoft.Cloud.Platform.Utils.AcquireLockTimeoutException' was thrown."}
]}}

I'm also seeing slow response times for posts to the same dataset. 125 rows are taking 25 seconds, where as 25 entries to another dataset are taking less than 1 second. Everything is working, but it's slow and my real time chart that should update every second is not as smooth as it should be!

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@njrandell

What is the dataset? A PUSH dataset created via REST API or a Streaming dataset?

By the way, how busy is the data pushing, just keep in mind that there're limitations for streaming dataset and REST API

It's a push dataset created using the REST API. I'm only pushing rows once a second having hit the 429 rate limit error too many times. 

At the moment I'm not seeing those errors, but on the day I posted it a lot were happening. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.