Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cleared
Frequent Visitor

Remove titles from embedded tiles

Is it possible to remove the titles from tiles that are embedded into external sites? Editing a tile inside a dashboard and removing the title does not seem to help, the title still shows up when i embedd a single tile

(I am embedding tiles using the new Power BI Service API)

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Cleared wrote:

Is it possible to remove the titles from tiles that are embedded into external sites? Editing a tile inside a dashboard and removing the title does not seem to help, the title still shows up when i embedd a single tile

(I am embedding tiles using the new Power BI Service API)

@Cleared

The embedded tiles will not show up any longer after removing from Power BI Service, can you confirm that the removed tile are the same with the embedded one?

By the way, how did you embed the tiles?

@Eric_Zhang

We're facing the same issue as well. We don't want to display the titles on these tiles when they're embedded.

The title have been removed inside of PowerBi. However it still shows up when embedded. We're using the powerbi javascript library to embed tiles.

Is there any progress on this issue. I also want to remove the title from embedded tiles.

I havent seen any progress atleast. The way we solved it in the end was to create a simple report, reduce the page-size to the same size as a tile and then only include a single tile on the report. Then we embedded this report, and in reports you are able to remove titles from the tiles. 

I was able to achieve this by manually editing details of each tile on Dashboard on Power BI Service, by unchecking the 'Display title and subtitle' checkbox.

This seems to be an additional task.

Would really appreciate if Power BI Javascript API does provide a parameter to be set for hiding/displaying title for each tile we are embedding.

Let me know if I skipped anything and there is a workaround available for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.