Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cyan
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh token In embedding reports from Power BI Service

Hello everyone,

Seems like the generated refresh token that comes with the access token expires in 1h like the access token (I am using the AcquireTokenByAuthorizationCodeAsync), so I have to request a new access token, what is the right way to request a refresh token? or is it allowed to extend the lifetime of an Azure refresh token and how?

Thank you...

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@cyan wrote:

Hello everyone,

Seems like the generated refresh token that comes with the access token expires in 1h like the access token (I am using the AcquireTokenByAuthorizationCodeAsync), so I have to request a new access token, what is the right way to request a refresh token? or is it allowed to extend the lifetime of an Azure refresh token and how?

Thank you...

@cyan

By defautl the refresh token lifetime is 90 days, see Configurable token lifetimes in Azure Active Directory. And in my test, the refresh token which was generated several days ago still works at this moment. To request a access token with a refresh token, you can see the POST API call in this thread, I'm not using the AAD SDK.

Since your question is more Azure AD related, for further question, I'd suggest you post it in the dedicated AAD forum. You'd get better response there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.