Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amitsangal78
Frequent Visitor

Redirection error in custom visual

I am creating a custom visual in powerBi service. But Facing problem when trying to redirect on click of button or even on the click of anchor link.

Error which I am getting when trying to redirect using javascript-

Blocked opening 'www.google.com' in a new window because the request was made in a sandboxed frame whose 'allow-popups' permission is not set.

Description About the visual:-

I have three dropdown in my custom visual whose values i have to supply as query parameters with a url. So, that it can interact with my webservice and create the pdf or ppt. 

But i can unable to open this link in seperate tab by using javascript or even from anchor link.  

I can share the code if you want. 

Please help its urgent . Thanks in advance.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello @amitsangal78,

Power BI Custom Visuals API 1.7 doesn't allow to open any external urls due to security risks.

This feature will be included into API 1.9.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

I suppose that API 1.9 will be released by end of this year (we don't have a clear ETA at lest for now).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

API 1.9.0 has been released recently.

This version introduces Launch URL API that allows custom visuals to open external URLs.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

6 REPLIES 6
amitsangal78
Frequent Visitor

Please let me know if this is possible in power Bi or not. I am stuck very badly init.

Hello @amitsangal78,

Power BI Custom Visuals API 1.7 doesn't allow to open any external urls due to security risks.

This feature will be included into API 1.9.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hello @v-viig Thanks for the quick response. By When will be the API 1.9 get release.

I suppose that API 1.9 will be released by end of this year (we don't have a clear ETA at lest for now).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

API 1.9.0 has been released recently.

This version introduces Launch URL API that allows custom visuals to open external URLs.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hey the url for 'Launch URL API' is not valid. Can you give me an updated url or tell me how to enable 'allow-popups' permission so I can open a new window from the sandbox. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.