Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

belmore
Helper II
Helper II

Recent Blog about embedding Dashboard into my CRM application.

In the recent blog about embedding a dashboard into your custom application (even your CRM).  If I follow all of the instructions (creating a web app using visual studio)....and get all the way to the step of producing a Embedded URL.......Can I then take this embedded URL and embed it into a website/app (my third party crm)....OR can I only embed the link into the custom app I just created? 

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@belmore

Not sure what exact blog you're refering to. I have no expertise on CRM, however the reports can be even embedded in a static HTML. The embedurl can be static, however the accessToken can expire. The thing you'll have to do is to get the token dynamically in your web application.

<html>

<script src="https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.js"></script>  
 <script src="https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/bower_components/powerbi-client/dist/powerbi.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function () {

var embedConfiguration = {
    type: 'report',
    accessToken: 'eyJ0eXAiOiJKVxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMVQ4Y2FIeFU3Y090YyIsImtpZCI6Il9VZ3FYR190TUxkdVNKMVQ4Y2FIeFU3Y090YyJ9.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.VbxrQeo_19ywPa0rl5tyqRCKMT0BePoIQKQ6lZ0HAd79fm2UGhFD9XjlUA-w9idCBBnmxoTNqKt5GVMyQq0HTAuV4zcekNbHylxI7Kpw8rA5vj_6kcm3OlXvqk4Y_k_G-3yxvLWEEZqRi5o7JOTpiuQMgBztyFi0T8D2S0xsl8LFj3ty3Mvwy47huh2WexBcMIhWn3Lz4s-2Sit9lwlanfoQMUSibkF_JzOae77Kb89ZCYJCp4vRHlyspGLE67UYUTZIOZa12tQ-GgVSs8EaoInQhnMDznsHvHOTXV2Ey65dvcVFCrkm1dphTaUSUXxl7bdGwIa077tHTZZcn2f3gQ',
    id: 'e410bed9-ebxxxxxxxxxxxxxc-9aff7d140513',
    embedUrl: 'https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=e410bed9xxxxxxxxxxff7d140513' 
}; 

var $reportContainer = $('#reportContainer');

var report = powerbi.embed($reportContainer.get(0), embedConfiguration);
/*
			report.on("dataSelected", function (event) {
                var data = event.detail;
                console.log(JSON.stringify(data));
				alert(JSON.stringify(data));
            });
			*/
}

function reloadreport(){

var element = $('#reportContainer');

alert(element);
var report = powerbi.get(element);

report.reload().catch(error => {console.log(error)  });
};
</script> 
<div id="reportContainer"></div>

</html>  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.