Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpanaite
Frequent Visitor

Receiving error "dmts update not supported for connection error code" when using the REST API

I'm using the .NET client to connect and authenticate to the REST API, and I'm trying to update parameters within a dataset. I'm using the client.Datasets.UpdateParametersInGroup method. The response that I'm receiving is:

"{\"error\":{\"code\":\"DMTS_UpdateNotSupportedForConnectionErrorCode\",\"pbi.error\":{\"code\":\"DMTS_UpdateNotSupportedForConnectionErrorCode\",\"parameters\":{},\"details\":[],\"exceptionCulprit\":1}}}"

I can't seem to find documentation on what this error code might mean

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dpanaite,

adding to @v-micsh-msft reply, you can't design your report against an OnPremise database and then using parameters to change the connection to an Azure Sql Server (for example).

If this is your case, then the solution would be to design your report against an Azure Sql Database. 

Hope this helps,

Thanos

Hi Thanos,

Thanks for the reply! However, the parameters should only switch connections between two On-premise databases within the same data gateway. 

Dan

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Which parameter that you would like to update for the DataSet, and what kind of dataset, also the connection type?

Quoted:

"

DMTS_SetParametersOnPremChangeErrorCode (HTTP status BadRequest)
Input had affected the connection (mainly the server) so the datasource changed its OnPrem status, which is not allowed

"

Personally I think the error message "DMTS_UpdateNotSupportedForConnection" indicates that your changing might affect the connection, which is rejected by the server.

For more details, see:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt845781.aspx

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors