Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem requesting json via Web.Contents in Custom Connector project

Hi All

Last night I tried to build a simple Custom Connector, but I keep failing with "We found extra characters at the end of JSON input". I've tried with a simpel JSON string and that works nicely, but even requesting the same JSON string from an App Service failes the same way. I've come to suspect that something is blocking, but I currently have no idea what or why - does anyone of you have an idea?

Brgds Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

After what seems like endless and meaningless web searches and tryouts I finally found a setting that made it possible to get the request through.

I currently have absolutely no idea why this setting made a difference, since I'm just requesting a simple document with anonomous GET. I changed the project property 'Legacy Redirects' to 'True'. I've just tried to search for more info on this term on have not found anything yet.

If anyone of you know why or anything else that might shine some light on this mystery please comment. My own guess is that before this setting, the request wasn't actually executed and the error message was a result of an empty input, but I can't sasay for sure or 'prove' it.

I used the current version of VS2017 (version 15.5.4)

image.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

To get a better explanation for this issue, you may direct create a support ticket.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-chuncz-msft

Since I'm note sure, and kind of expect, that I'm doing something wrong. Do you know for a fact that this is a know issue/error?

Brgds Brian

@Anonymous,

Here is a similar case.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

After what seems like endless and meaningless web searches and tryouts I finally found a setting that made it possible to get the request through.

I currently have absolutely no idea why this setting made a difference, since I'm just requesting a simple document with anonomous GET. I changed the project property 'Legacy Redirects' to 'True'. I've just tried to search for more info on this term on have not found anything yet.

If anyone of you know why or anything else that might shine some light on this mystery please comment. My own guess is that before this setting, the request wasn't actually executed and the error message was a result of an empty input, but I can't sasay for sure or 'prove' it.

I used the current version of VS2017 (version 15.5.4)

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.