Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skb
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Workspace Collections is deprecated and is available until June 2018

Will this be closed for everything or will only effect Power BI service users only or will it effect everyone. We use this upload our PBIX file and user reports from our website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IlanH
Employee
Employee

Power BI workspace collection is on deprecation path.

This mean the following

1) Power BI workspace collection solution is supported for those who are already using it

• Contine to work as before (till it will be deprecated)
  • No new features - exsiting features (like upload PBIX) continue to work
  • You can add workspace collection to your existing solution

2) New Power BI Embedded solution is available with a lot of new features and you are encouraged to use it and plan the migration of your workspace collection solution to it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
IlanH
Employee
Employee

Power BI workspace collection is on deprecation path.

This mean the following

1) Power BI workspace collection solution is supported for those who are already using it

• Contine to work as before (till it will be deprecated)
  • No new features - exsiting features (like upload PBIX) continue to work
  • You can add workspace collection to your existing solution

2) New Power BI Embedded solution is available with a lot of new features and you are encouraged to use it and plan the migration of your workspace collection solution to it

I need some clarifications on powerbi embedded capacity

1. Are the Powerbi REST API's any different as compared to App workspace collection?
  2. I have my embedded application (based on App workspace collection) which I am using for my customers, do I need to change my application when migrating to Powerbi Embedded or my application works as it is working now?
  3. When I do migrate my reports to Powerbi Embedded where can I see all my reports from azure portal?

Any Explanation to the above scenarios will help me alot 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors