Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cmtarayao

Power BI Rest API Error

Hi All,

I have problem in posting data to REST API using the python3, part of the script below

REST_API_URL = "https://api.powerbi.com/beta/93fc8b07-5b2f-4a23-ae62-844e9ba4e216/datasets/83bc213e-1fa1-4264-ae43-39a88fdbdd93/rows?key=o4owv8NDQVFxVE6MUjf0oCXOrGomEHIgbClSRm3ao%2FfTnnDefPLpJMbK6owk%2FkPmMPymnEA8SrG0KfPSNMp5gg%3D%3D"
data ='[{{ "extraction_datetime": "2017-11-11 00:00:00", "location": "Bayombong", "rainfall": "0" }}]'
data=data.encode('utf-8')

req=urllib.reqeust.Request(REST_API_URL,data)
response=urllib.request.urlopen(req)

At first it works fine and my dashboard working really well. After few days (started last November 10) I got a problem HTTP Error 404: Not Found (when executing the main script). 

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@cmtarayao wrote:

Hi All,

I have problem in posting data to REST API using the python3, part of the script below

REST_API_URL = "https://api.powerbi.com/beta/93fc8b07-5b2f-4a23-ae62-844e9ba4e216/datasets/83bc213e-1fa1-4264-ae43-39a88fdbdd93/rows?key=o4owv8NDQVFxVE6MUjf0oCXOrGomEHIgbClSRm3ao%2FfTnnDefPLpJMbK6owk%2FkPmMPymnEA8SrG0KfPSNMp5gg%3D%3D"
data ='[{{ "extraction_datetime": "2017-11-11 00:00:00", "location": "Bayombong", "rainfall": "0" }}]'
data=data.encode('utf-8')

req=urllib.reqeust.Request(REST_API_URL,data)
response=urllib.request.urlopen(req)

At first it works fine and my dashboard working really well. After few days (started last November 10) I got a problem HTTP Error 404: Not Found (when executing the main script). 

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

@cmtarayao

The endpoints indicates that you're calling a POST API to send data to a streaming dataset. In this case, the non-existence of the target dataset usually causes the 404 error. Please go to Power BI Service to check if the streaming dataset exists or not. 

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the quick reply. Checking the Power BI Service, I found out that the error occur when the historic data analysis is turned ON. I tried two cases, sample not saving history while sample2 does save.

Capture.JPG

With historic data analysis  OFF, calling POST API is successful. On the otherhand, if turned ON, that's the time the problem occur. Does any other solution when I want historic data to be saved while having streaming dataset/dashboard?

Thanks.

@cmtarayao wrote:

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the quick reply. Checking the Power BI Service, I found out that the error occur when the historic data analysis is turned ON. I tried two cases, sample not saving history while sample2 does save.

Capture.JPG

With historic data analysis  OFF, calling POST API is successful. On the otherhand, if turned ON, that's the time the problem occur. Does any other solution when I want historic data to be saved while having streaming dataset/dashboard?

Thanks.

@cmtarayao

That is weird. I don't reproduce this issue. Could you try to re-copy the endpoints from those two datasets and test? What's going on if you copy the powershell scription and execute in teh PowerShell ISE?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.