Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chris_PowerBI
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report hosting on azure portal

Hi all,

I have a question regarding providing access to non power bi users. ie via a portal. I am currently signed up to azure and power bi embedded but I am really struggling to see how to provide access to a 3rd party.

I have seen this been done where a custom web page was created and accessed through the following url:

http://"ClientName".azurewebsites.net/Login

Here the client was able to login and see all of the analytics with the user name and password we provided.

My question is, how do I replicate that and what services do I need?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@chris_PowerBI wrote:

Apologies if I am missing something,

In the section titled "Embedding for your customers" the term "embedded application" is used. Does this term cover a web portal?

Such as the one I quoted in my original question.

Thanks 

@chris_PowerBI

Embedding for your customers is typically for your requirement. Power BI reports/dashboards/tiles can be embedded to your own yoursite.azurewebsites.net. As to access control, it all depends on your side. You grant the users permission to access some web pages of your site where reports are embedded. Alternatively, you can apply Row Level Security according to the login user name.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
laurenta
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Please refer to this documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedding

In the section titled "Embedding for your customers" the term "embedded application" is used. Does this term cover a web portal?

Thanks 

@chris_PowerBI wrote:

Thanks 

@chris_PowerBI

Embedding for your customers is typically for your requirement. Power BI reports/dashboards/tiles can be embedded to your own yoursite.azurewebsites.net. As to access control, it all depends on your side. You grant the users permission to access some web pages of your site where reports are embedded. Alternatively, you can apply Row Level Security according to the login user name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.