Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Premium to embed a report?

Hello,

if I embed a PBI Report via a Azure Application (like this https://nearbaseline.com/2016/10/display-a-powerbi-report-in-a-sharepoint-webpart/), do I need now Power BI Premium?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Philipp

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous Based on my understanding of things you would need to have the Power BI Premium (Embedded) license. The pricing hasn't been released around this yet though.

Because you are just embedding in SharePoint Online, you do have a much easier option that is now directly supported for all SharePoint online users announced Friday

SharePoint Embed

This option is just clicking the option in a Power BI report under "File"sharepoint.PNG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks for your reply. Yes, Fotos SharePoint Online Customers this is a great Option, but the customer is already on premise. 

I dont think the documentation for embedding is absolutely clear...

@Anonymous In that case, from my understanding this appears to be embedding to an internal application. So it would require a premium embedded license, which we still don't know the price on. If the solution is currently in place, I think if the client has an existing EA with MSFT then the current solution will work until the end of that agreement. Otherwise the new license applies.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

We were planning on using PowerBI embedded in our application (which is hosted on Azure). However, the initial pricing MS have released for Premium is astronomical (over £6000 per month min). Perhaps I've misread this, but it renders the feature completely unusable for us. There is no way we can justify passing that sort of costs onto our customers, especially not at the start of app adoption.

I am also seeking some clarification on this.

We have secure websites that require client login, and would like to embed some Power BI reports. These reports will not have high volumes of traffic, so a min premium fee of $6000 is completely unfeasable. 

I am currently only a trial Pro User, and therefore unable to log a support ticket. Does anyone know how to get a definitive answer on the pricing structure? I have also tried the 'Contact Me' form, but this requires US contact details.

Any guidance would be greatly appeciated.

@kevbrownmk Pricing for Power BI Premium Embedded license was just announced this week at Data Insights. It will start at $625 per month.

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer. I really appreciate your response on this Smiley Happy

It's unfortunate that this pricing model will be siginificantly more expensive than the Azure session usage model, at least for our limited requirements.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.